Law. Consulting. Technology.
This program will include critical information that new managers will need to help them lead and to deal with the duties and responsibilities required. From the interviewing, training and discipline of employees to the basics of employee benefits, enforcing rules, documentation and the impact of social media on the work environment, the Nuts & Bolts of Human Resources will provide a learning foundation for new managers and a refresher for individuals looking for a fresh perspective.
Topics to be covered in this important program include:
- Interviewing, Rights of applicants, criminal background checks/exclusion/reference checks
- Making Employment Successful
- Job descriptions, Employee handbooks
- Basics of employee benefits, FMLA, ADA, Worker’s Comp, confidentiality, drug testing, unemployment
- Union activity/prevention
- Hurdles to Success
- Discipline/coaching and counseling
- Enforcing workplace rules
- Document/record retention
- Social media — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- New managers will be educated in a variety of employment issues that will enable them to lead more effectively and productively.
- Managers will be better informed and trained. Better informed managers have more satisfied employees – resulting in better performance and lower turnover.
- Managers will be instructed in employment laws and regulations. Trained managers are less likely to take actions that could result in substantial liability.
- Joan Longhin Howard, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Vice President of Human Resources, CHI Living Communities
- Robert Pivonka, Partner, Rolf Goffman Martin Lang LLP
CEs & Other Education Requirements:
Each program is approved for two (2) hours of credit for nursing home administrators, Certified Executives for Assisted Living (CEAL), Certified Executives for Home Care & Hospice (CEHCH) and Nurses. Individual attendance will be monitored throughout the call. Only those attending the entire call will be awarded continuing education credit. All participants regardless of need for CEs, will receive a certificate of attendance.