Law. Consulting. Technology.
Joseph F. Petros III
Joe Petros is a partner with ROLF and advises and advocates for healthcare providers in various types of litigation, disputes, and appeals, including commercial litigation, employment litigation, government investigations, False Claims Act (FCA)/qui tam litigation, and Certificate of Need (CON) appeals. Joe has appeared before federal courts in Ohio and Michigan and before numerous state courts and administrative agencies throughout Ohio.
Joe joined ROLF in 2014.
Joe is admitted to practice law in:
- Any state court in Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
University of Notre Dame Law School Juris Doctor
- Cum Laude
- Executive Editor, Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy, Volume 25, Issue 2 On Health Care
- Intensive trial advocacy training
University of Notre Dame B.A. , Political Science and Music
- Summa Cum Laude
- Honors in Political Science and Music
- Phi Beta Kappa
Joe is a member of the following organizations:
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
Note, The Other War on Drugs: Federal Preemption, the FDA, and Prescription Drugs after Wyeth v. Levine, 25 NOTRE DAME J.L. ETHICS & PUB. POL’Y 637 (2011).
Joe is a classical pianist and organist and serves as the associate organist at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist in Cleveland.
He also serves on the Ohio council for Maggie’s Place